To avoid patient harm in the calculation of doses or dosages, pharmacy technicians must master methods for converting or changing calculations using different measurement systems.
The exercises in this CheckPoint provide opportunities to practice these skills.
A physician wrote a prescription for Tylenol® 325 mg/5 mL with codeine 10 mg/5 mL liquid, 5 mL three times a day x 4 days as needed for cough.
Resources: Ch. 5–6 of Pharmaceutical Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians: A Worktext
Show all your calculations in a Microsoft® Word document, using Equation Editor.
Answer the following questions about the prescription in the scenario:
1. What household device should the patient use to administer the medication?
2. How much Tylenol® (in milligrams) is contained in a teaspoonful? Refer to Table 5-2 on p. 39.
3. How much codeine (in milligrams) is contained in a teaspoonful? Refer to Table 5-2 on p. 39.
4. How much elixir (in ounces) should the pharmacist dispense for a 4-day course of therapy? Refer to Table 4-6 on p. 30. administer the medication
Complete the following exercises.
1. Critical Thinking, p. 47: Problems 1 & 2
2. Test Your Knowledge, p. 47: Problems 3, 4, 15, 16, 25, 26, 27, 31, 33, & 35
Post your work and answers to both sets of problems as an attachment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more