XAP Task 2
Help on this Pagelink opens in new window Directions P rint
Competencies: 724.8.5: Foundations of Inquiry – The graduate differentiates between quality improvement processes, evidence based practice and research. 724.8.6 Literature Review and Analysis
– The graduate demonstrates knowledge of the process and outcomes of conducting a literature review.
724.8.7: Ethics and Research – The graduate demonstrates understanding of the ethics of nursing research particularly human subjects’ protections, informed consent and alignment with patient and family values and preferences.
724.8.8: Patient Outcomes – The graduate discriminates between identified standards and practices that do not provide improvements in patient outcomes utilizing relevant sources of evidence and the application of nursing theory.
724.8.9: Data Collection, Analysis, and Dissemination
– The graduate describes the process of data collection, analysis and implementation of evidence that can improve clinical practice from an interprofessional perspective.
________________________________________ Introduction: The influence of evidence-based practice (EBP) has reached across nursing practice, education, and science.
Forward-thinking healthcare systems empower their frontline staff with the autonomy to effect change by identifying research that supports best practices through the performance improvement process.
This is done with an aim of improving patient outcomes. In order to complete such a task, EBP combines continuous quality improvement, research, performance improvement, and change theory.
In this task, you will identify a healthcare problem and develop a question that can be informed by research evidence.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly.
Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
The rubric provides detailed criteria for evaluating your submission.
You are expected to use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission.
Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect.
The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Write a brief summary (suggested length of 2–3 pages) of the significance and background of a healthcare problem by doing the following:
1. Describe a healthcare problem.
2. Explain the significance of the problem.
3. Describe the current practice related to the problem.
4. Discuss how the problem impacts the organization and/or patient’s cultural background.
B. Complete the attached “PICO Table Template” by identifying all the elements of the PICO.
1. Develop the PICO question. applying evidence to practice changes
C. Describe the search strategy (suggested length of 1–2 pages) you used to conduct the literature review by doing the following: 1. Identify the keywords used for the search. applying evidence to practice changes
2. Describe the number and types of articles that were available for consideration. a. Discuss two research evidence and two non-research evidence sources that were considered (levels I–V). applying evidence to practice changes
D. Complete the attached “Evidence Matrix” to list five research evidence sources (levels I–III) from scholarly journal sources you locate in major medical databases. applying evidence to practice changes
Note: Four different authors should be used for research evidence. Research evidence must not be more than five years old. applying evidence to practice changes
Note: You may submit your completed matrix as a separate attachment to the task or you may include the matrix within your paper, aligned to APA standards.
E. Explain a recommended practice change (suggested length of 1–3 pages) that addresses the PICO question within the framework of the evidence collected and used in the attached “Evidence Matrix.” applying evidence to practice changes
F. Describe a process for implementing the recommendation from part E (suggested length of 2–3 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Explain how you would involve three key stakeholders in the decision to implement the recommendation.
2. Describe the specific barriers you may encounter in applying evidence to practice changes in the nursing practice setting.
3. Identify two strategies that could be used to overcome the barriers discussed in F2.
4. Identify one indicator to measure the outcome related to the recommendation.
G. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more