Delilah Martindale is a married, 42- year old woman with 3 children and works as a part-time cashier at Circle K. She has never smoked and has an occasional social drink. Her past medical history includes plastic surgery for bilateral breast implants done 3 years ago and tonsillectomy when she was 10 years old. Her mother is a breast cancer survivor and her father died of lung cancer two years ago. When she returned for a physical check up with her primary MD, a lump was noted on her Right breast. Her physician ordered an outpatient breast biopsy as soon as possible that revealed presence of malignant cells. She elected to have R breast removed with axillary lymph node dissection.
1. Delilah Martindale wants you to explain exactly what Stage IV: T4 N3 M1 mean. Based on the TNM Classification System, what will you tell her? (½ point)
2. Discuss the treatment modalities that Delilah Martindale may have other than the surgical procedure as mentioned in the case scenario. (2 points)
3. Define metastasis and discuss its pathophysiologic mechanism. Based on the location of her malignancy, where are the sites of metastasis? (2 points)
4. Discuss the clinical manifestations of cancer, etiology, and general effects of malignancy that Delilah Martindale may or may not experience. (2 points)
5. Delilah Martindale is to receive chemotherapy. Discuss the effects of chemotherapy to the body cells, both cancerous and non-cancerous. (½ point)
6. Describe the side effects of cancer therapy and possible treatment or ways to alleviate the discomforts or complications of these side effects. (2 points)
7. List the health education or teachings that you would provide the community or the public regarding the prevention of breast cancer. (1 poin
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more