Discuss. Attention is quite obviously a cognitive process
Complete eight discussion questions. Reply must be 75 words or more Please provide references for answers.
Using the class book: reference Galotti, K. M. (2014). Cognitive Psychology In and Out of the Laboratory (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE. answer these following questions. Our main text chapters three and four (Galotti, 2014) provides some important thoughts for us especially in chapter four!
1. Attention is quite obviously a cognitive process. How is attention directed, and when directed, does one’s focus toward something mean that something else is no longer attended to by our attention?
2. If the phenomenon of texting, versus talking to a fellow passenger, versus talking on a cell phone differs – how does it differ?
3. Using two kids, looking at the same picture, why would one see 17 different colors, and the other 5?
Our main text, (Galotti, 2014) does provide material here for us to use.
Both chapters in our readings this week discuss some points on this question.
4. Visual perception is complicated because people’s cognitive systems are not adept at analyzing visual stimuli. To resolve visual ambiguities, people make unconscious assumptions that resolve the ambiguities. What are some examples of visual ambiguities that you have encountered today?
5.What type of cognitive assumptions did you make to solve them?(Contiuation from question above)
6.As you have read in this week’s readings assignment, perception involves identifying things through one’s senses. Unfortunately, each of the senses can be impaired. Discuss how perception can be impaired.
7. Explain some methods you can use to cope with these impairments.(From question above)
One of the ‘themes’ emerging with some of the posts is that of perception.
This is an area our main text goes into great detail about.
For example, “The common assumption underlying the models of perception we have examined (especially the top-down models) is that the perceiver does something to the proximal stimulus” (Galotti, p. 57, 2014).
8. How does our text approach this idea of perception?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more