Discuss trade-offs for pollution reduction measures
Discuss trade-offs for the various pollution reduction measures.
View the Simulation “Managing Environmental Concerns and Resources” found in Week Four of the student website to prepare for this assignment.
Write a 750- to 1,050-word summary briefly describing the simulation background information and details. Include information on your decisions and performance:
• Complete the following three sections of the simulation:
o “All That Smoke” o “A Heap of Trash” o “The Energy Quandary”
• For each section of the simulation, make decisions on the optimal measure for addressing the pollution management issue.
• Analyze the optimal measure for addressing the issue using the Effect Prism, balancing popular acceptance, budget use, and pollution reduction.
• Provide rationale for the pollution reduction measures chosen from an environmental science perspective.
• Review any feedback on decisions and performance provided, including the effectiveness and acceptance levels for the chosen decisions.
• Discuss trade-offs for the various pollution reduction measures.
For example, bringing in legislation to install pollution control devices in factories may sound like a good choice, but installation of such devices is a huge expense, and there is likelihood of strong opposition by business groups.
• After completing all three portions of the simulation, take a screenshot of your results and provide them to your instructor.
1. Press Alt + Print Screen on your computer keyboard to create a screenshot. 2. Open a blank Microsoft® Word document. 3. Press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the screenshot into the document.
You may also print the results to PDF and post them to your instructor in the Individual forum.
• Explain the statement, “decision-making about environmental issues necessitates the maintenance of a fine balance between the effectiveness of measures and the public reaction towards them.”
Include two outside references. Format your summary consistent with APA guidelines.