Evaluate how the company’s current strategy supports or discourages ethical business behaviors
Select a publicly-traded company by searching the Strayer Databases or the Internet. Download the annual report for the most recent year reported for use in this assignment.
Based on your review and analysis of the annual report, prepare a 10-12 page report in which you:
- Analyze the company’s mission and vision statements against the performance of the organization. Then, evaluate how well the company lives out its mission and vision statement. Provide support from the organization’s performance in your evaluation.
- Assess how the organization’s strategic goals link to the company’s mission and vision.
- Analyze the company’s financial performance to determine the link between the company’s strategic goals, strategy, and its financial performance. Detail your findings.
- Conduct a competitive and marketing analysis of the organization to determine strengths and opportunities.
- Apply the appropriate strategy (low cost, differentiation or niche) that will maximize the organization’s return to shareholders. Provide a detailed rationale for the reason you chose this strategy and state the expected outcome(s).
- Create a detailed scenario in which a merger or acquisition would be a viable strategy to implement. Consider who the merger or acquisition would involve, the market conditions making it a good choice, and the type of strategy that would make it a success.
- If you were a leader in this organization, determine the appropriate rewards that would best motivate employees toward achieving the desired strategy. Review the financial performance of the company to ensure the rewards are appropriate. Justify your selection.
- Evaluate how the company’s current strategy supports or discourages ethical business behaviors (or perhaps both). Discuss how you arrived at your assessment.
- Use 5-7 external sources as part of your assignment.