Gap in Service : What kind of organization do you recommend to address the gap in service issue? 5 important facts to note
What kind of organization do you recommend to address the gap in service issue?
Answer the following questions based on the two cases below.
Be sure to carefully answer each question and label your answers Case A and
Case B. You have to answer questions for both cases to receive credit.
Assessing and Finding Resources for Human Service Cases
(Use complete sentences and paragraphs)
1. Read the following case descriptions.
2. Assess the information you have about each person or family. Write out observations about the cases.
3. Decide which problems need to be worked on first, second, third, etc.
5. Discuss how you chose a particular service. Why was it appropriate? Where did you find out about it? (You may use services other than the directory for this question.)
6. If you cannot find a service, you have discovered a “gap in services”. What kind of organization do you recommend to address the “gap in service” issue?
7. Look up any terms you do not understand.
Mr. A and his family are political refugees from Ethiopia who have recently arrived in your city.
Mr. A and wife have 4 children ages 4, 9, 12, and 15.
They live in an apartment near Grand and
I-44. The family needs to learn English. Mr. A needs a job, Mrs. A wants contact with other refugees from Ethiopia, and the children need shoes and clothes for school.
They have no car and must rely on public transportation.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith, age 70, have a 24-year-old son with an identified emotional disability who has not been able to hold a job.
They would like to find an organization(s) that can help them. gap in service
They are concerned
about how he can support himself and how he can eventually live on his own. They live in the southern part of the city or county you live in.