Identify the original idea(s) in the article – the 5 best original ideas
Identify the original idea(s) in the article
Select three of the 10 references from your Reference List assignment. Create an annotated bibliography that is 250-300 words for each of the three references.
The annotated bibliography includes three paraphrased paragraphs for each reference.
Each annotation must have 250-300 words, making a total of 750-900 words for the entire assignment. Each annotation should have the following elements:
- APA style reference of the article being annotated
- A paraphrased summary of the article (See note on paraphrasing below.)
- An assessment of why it is a scholarly reference
- A reflection on how it is applicable to your research
Follow these steps for all three references you chose.
Note on Paraphrasing: Paraphrasing the ideas of others is a requirement in academic writing and graduate study. Paraphrasing is using your own words to restate ideas or information from a source material. As you write each annotation use the following paraphrasing guidelines. original idea
There are three main steps to paraphrasing:
- Identify the original idea(s) in the article
- Identify general points regarding the idea(s)
- Summarize the general points of the article in your own words (a Paraphrase
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit your annotated bibliogra