Media Sources : Demonstrate an understanding of the independent and dependent nature of media sources – 5 important facts to note
Demonstrate an understanding of the independent and dependent nature of media sources
Complete an annotated bibliography. The literature review begins with choosing one of the major areas of mass media: media sources
- Internet based media
- Video gaming
After choosing what area of mass media you will be researching, examine the following areas related to the course competencies. Use these as a guide when choosing the research articles:
- Understand the major theories associated with the examination of psychological influences of the media.
- Understand the historical context of the media in the development of societal standards and perceptions.
- Analyze modern trends of the media in the development of societal standards and perceptions.
- Critically evaluate the relation between the historical and contemporary background of media influences to allow for a global and detailed view of the critical components responsible for impacting society.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the independent and dependent nature of media sources and the apparent consequences of such systems.
- Understand the evolving nature of media sources in a technologically advanced society.
- Evaluate the ability of individuals to mitigate the psychological impact of media influences on their daily lives and over time.
- Critically evaluate research studies focused on psychology and the media.
Find six journal articles related to the topic chosen. The journal articles have to be from a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal(s). The articles do not need to be empirical studies but are required to be from primary sources. Finally, due to the nature of the changing media landscape you should only use current research. Current research for our purposes is an article that was published within the last 5 to 6 years.
- Write a summary for each of the journal articles found.
- Write an analysis and evaluation for each of the journal articles found.
Please cite all sources in APA format, and attach a Turnitin.com Report.