Qualitative analysis strategy and the 3 best ways it is used to systemize the data
Qualitative Analysis Strategy
All article critiques should be in proper APA format. Use of appropriate, APA headings is REQUIRED for each main point and sub-point listed below.
1. Rationale for Article: Example: ‘The authors state that systemic-organizational consultation is an important model for professional counselors, but that it is under-emphasized in counselor training and practice to the detriment of professionals and clients alike.
The authors claim that this article seeks to rectify a perceived oversight by summarizing the principles of systemic-organizational consultation and suggesting where this model can be taught and implemented within the field.’
2. Identification of Research Questions/Hypotheses:): List the research questions and/or hypotheses the article is supposed to be address; Identify if the author’s listed them explicitly or if you had to ‘guess’ what the research questions were.
3. Identification of Variables, Concepts, and Constructs: -Make sure to identify the Independent and Dependent Variable(s) under study if the article is based on hypothesis-testing/quantitative methods.
Also, if the study is quantitative, identify phenomena that could be the subject of a qualitative study in future research. -If the based on inductive/qualitative methods, identify the phenomena of interest being described and studied.
Also, identify variables that could be used in a future study based on hypothesis-testing/quantitative methods. 4. Description of Methodology: Data Collection/Sampling Strategy (specific sampling method used, how did they decide to recruit participants, and whom did they decide to recruit).
Concept Measurement/Assessment (how are they measuring/assessing the concept under investigation?). Method of Analysis (what test or method of statistical or qualitative analysis strategy are they using to systemize the data)
Accounting for External Validity and Generalizability (using your textbook and the supplemental article on Threats to Validity: how are the researchers accounting for these issues? qualitative analysis strategy qualitative analysis strategy
Accounting for Internal Validity/Trustworthiness (Using your text and the supplemental article on Threats to Validity: how did they control for alternate explanations or seek to account for their own worldview and values during the analysis process).
5. Identification, Description, and Critique of Conclusions: Identify at least 2 main conclusions that the authors make based on their data Identify positive support for those conclusions and justify your support Critique the conclusions and justify your critique
6. Applications: Identify 2 ways to incorporate the ideas and conclusions presented in the article into counseling practice
7. APA-formatted paper, proper use of citations, and complete reference