What occurs in the small and large intestines – 5 important things that happen
What occurs in the small and large intestines
small and large intestines
small and large intestines small and large intestines
In your discussion with Mr. Smith you determined that he had a turkey club sandwich and an 8-ounce can of cola for lunch today.
Please prepare and submit a paper that addresses the following:
Follow the path of food through the GI tract from consumption to excretion with emphasis on:
- Passage of food from the mouth to the stomach (worth 20 percent of your papers grade).
- What occurs in the stomach (worth 20 percent of your papers grade).
- What occurs in the small & large intestines (worth 20 percent of your papers grade).
- Excretion of waste products [both solid and liquid] (worth 20 percent of your papers grade).
- The role of the accessory organs of digestion (worth 20 percent of your papers grade).
Case Assignment Expectations:
Length: Case assignments should be 2-3 pages (500-750 words) in length.
References: At least two references from academic sources (e.g. peer-reviewed journal articles), including those from required readings.
Quoted material should not exceed 10% of the total paper (since the focus of these assignments is critical thinking).
Use your own words and build on the ideas of others. When material is copied verbatim from external sources, it MUST be enclosed in quotes.
The references should be cited within the text and also listed at the end of the assignment in the References section (APA format recommended).
Format: Organize your paper using headings corresponding to assignment questions, and use subheadings where appropriate. APA format is recommended for this assignment.
See Syllabus page for more information on APA format.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted, assignments are expected to adhere to standards guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax.
Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity.