Write an evaluation of the patient’s symptoms and presenting problems – 5 important symptoms to note
Write an evaluation of the patient’s symptoms and presenting problems
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, it is recommended that you read Chapter 1 in Turning Points in Dynamic Psychotherapy: Initial Assessment, Boundaries, Money, Disruptions and Suicidal Crises and Chapters 1, 2, and 4 in The Psychiatric Interview: Evaluation and Diagnosis.
Respond to at least one of your colleagues in the discussion forum before creating your assignment submission. For this assignment, you will take on the role of a mental health professional providing a consultation to a colleague.
Your colleague in this case happens to be a licensed clinical psychologist. Carefully review the PSY645 Fictional Mental Health Consultation Scenario (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. which provides information on your colleague’s patient and specific questions your colleague has posed to you as a consultant.
Once you have reviewed the scenario, research a minimum of two peer-reviewed articles in the Ashford University Library related to the situation(s) presented in the scenario and how these have been approached and treated in previous cases.
Write an evaluation of the patient’s symptoms and presenting problems within the context of one theoretical orientation (e.g., psychoanalytic, cognitive, behavioral, humanistic, etc.).
Summarize views of these symptoms and presenting problems within the context of at least one historical perspective and two theoretical orientations different from the one used in your evaluation
(e.g.:, cognitive, humanistic, psychodynamic, integrative) in order to provide alternative viewpoints.
To conclude, justify the use of diagnostic manuals and handbooks besides the DSM-5 that might be used to assess this prospective patient. symptoms and presenting problems
The Mental Health Consultation: symptoms and presenting problems
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.