What are the guiding theories within the domains
Final Assignment 04/27/18 (Final paper must be based 100% on articles from peer-reviewed journals. For more articles on couple counseling make use of the Marriage and Family Journals. Couples Counseling is a good topic but come up with a great title for this report! 20-30 pages no including title page and reference pages.
Very important that all points are addressed in the final
essay! I’ve included the instructions with questions and answers to discuss!
Teacher has provided an outline to follow in order to successfully complete
This assignment! I’ve included 14 peer reviewed articles for this assignment,
You must provide the remaining 10, MUST BE ARTICLES, NOT BOOKS, articles and
journals only. Pick a Topic that corresponds with some of the articles listed (Couples Counseling
is an excellent choice.. Some domains to
Consider would be clinical psychology, cognitive and perceptual psychology.
There needs to be four good domains within the larger field of psychology! (20
To 20 pages double spaced not including title and reference pages)
Pathbuilder is being used for this assignment. Please be certain to complete the ï¿½Survey Acknowledgement Quizï¿½ this week in order to submit the Integrative Literature Review. You will not be allowed to submit your Final Paper until you have completed the quiz this week.
The primary goal of this literature review is to integrate concepts from four different content domains within the larger field of psychology. The four content domains should be chosen from previous coursework in this program. In this paper, students will review the findings in the individual empirical articles, organize the research in a meaningful way, evaluate the reliability, validity, and generalizability of the research findings, and present an integrated synthesis of the research that sheds new light on the topics within and across the four domains.
The result of a successful integrative literature review may be a significant contribution to a particular body of knowledge and, consequently, to research and practice. Therefore, before writing this literature review, substantive new research must be conducted via the Internet and within the Ashford University Library for each of the four chosen domains. A minimum of six sources must be included for each of the four domains. Although content from literature reviews completed in prior courses within this program may be included, it may not constitute the total research for the individual domains addressed within this assignment. No more than four sources from previous literature reviews completed in this program may be utilized for this integrative review.
The headings listed below must be used within the paper to delineate the sections of content. These sections include the following: a clear introduction that provides a general review and organizes the research in a meaningful way; a discussion in which the evidence is presented through analysis, critique, and synthesis; and a conclusion in which the discussion is drawn together in a meaningful way, the claims of the introduction are brought to a logical closure, and new research is proposed.
ï¿½Provide a conceptual framework for the review.
ï¿½Describe how the review will be organized. The questions below may be used to guide this section.
o?What are the guiding theories within the domains
oHow are the domains connected?
oAre there competing points of view across the domains?
oWhy is the integration of these domains important?
oWhat is the history of these domains?
oWhat are the related theories or findings?
ï¿½Describe how the literature was identified, analyzed, and synthesized.
ï¿½How and why was the literature chosen?
ï¿½What is your claim or thesis statement?
ï¿½Provide the analysis, critique, and synthesis for the review.
ï¿½Examine the main ideas and relationships presented in the literature across the four domains.
ï¿½Integrate concepts from the four different content domains within the larger field of psychology.
ï¿½What claim(s) can be made in the introduction?
ï¿½What evidence supports the claim(s) made in the introduction?
ï¿½Evaluate the reliability, validity, and generalizability of the chosen research findings.
ï¿½How well does the literature represent the issues across the four domains?
ï¿½Identify the strengths and the key contributions of the literature.
ï¿½What, if any, deficiencies exist within the literature?
ï¿½Have the authors omitted any key points and/or arguments?
ï¿½What, if any, inaccuracies have been identified in the literature?
ï¿½What evidence runs contrary to the claims proposed in the introduction, and how might these be reconciled with the claims presented?
ï¿½Explain how the APAï¿½s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct might influence the reliability and/or generalizability of the chosen findings.
ï¿½Did the ethical issues influence the outcomes of the research?
ï¿½Were ethical considerations different across the domains?
ï¿½Integrate existing ideas with new ideas to create new knowledge and new perspectives.
ï¿½Describe the research that has previously been done across these domains, as well as any controversies or alternate opinions that currently exist.
ï¿½Relate the evidence presented to the major conclusions being made.
ï¿½Construct clear and concise arguments using evidence-based psychological concepts and theories to posit new relationships and perspectives on the topics within the domains.
ï¿½Provide a conclusion and present potential future considerations.
ï¿½State your final conclusion(s).
ï¿½Synthesize the findings described in the discussion into a succinct summary.
ï¿½What questions remain?
ï¿½What are the possible implications of your argument for existing theories and for everyday life?
ï¿½Are there novel theories and/or testable hypothesizes for future research?
ï¿½What do the overarching implications of the studies show?
ï¿½Where should the research go from this point to further the understanding of these domains and the greater study of psychology?
Attention Students: The Masters of Arts in Psychology program is utilizing the Pathbrite portfolio tool as a repository for student scholarly work in the form of signature assignments completed within the program. After receiving feedback for this Integrative Literature Review, please implement any changes recommended by the instructor, go to Pathbrite (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and upload the revised Integrative Literature Review to the portfolio. (Use the Pathbrite Quick-Start Guide (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to create an account if you do not already have one.) The upload of signature assignments will take place after completing each course. Be certain to upload revised signature assignments throughout the program as the portfolio and its contents will be used in other courses and may be used by individual students as a professional resource tool. See the Pathbrite (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.website for information and further instructions on using this portfolio tool.
The Integrative Literature Review
ï¿½Must be 20 to 30 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
ï¿½Must include a separate title page with the following:
oTitle of paper
oCourse name and number
ï¿½Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
ï¿½Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
ï¿½Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
ï¿½Must use at least 24 peer-reviewed sources, including a minimum of 20 from the Ashford University Library.
ï¿½Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
ï¿½Must include a separate reference list that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Below is an outline for the final Integrative Literature Review for you to follow as you complete the assignment. It contains the essentials for the assignment and the required headings to organize the assignment as well as the criteria for references.
Using this attached information will help you succeed on this complex assignment.
If you have any questions about the outline, headings and references for the final assignment please email me.
Dr. Jeanie Thorndike
Final Paper – Integrative Literature Review
Headings and Content of Integrative Literature Review
FOLLOWING HEADINGS MUST BE USED to delineate the sections of content.
What to include in the introduction (per grading rubric)
1. Provide a conceptual framework for the literature review.
2. Describe how the review will be organized.
3. Describe how the literature was identified, analyzed, and synthesized.
4. How and why was the literature chosen?
4. What is your claim or thesis statement?
The introduction ends with your thesis statement.
The discussion is comprised of 3 sections, Analysis, Critique and Synthesis
This is the first sub-section and APA sub-sections are in italics.
What to include in the Analysis section(per grading rubric)
1. Examine the main ideas and relationships presented in the research articles across the four domains you selected for your topic.
2. What overlapping claim(s) can be made based on the information from research articles from the four domains?
3. How does the information from the research studies from the four domains contribute to a larger understanding of the topic in the field of psychology.
What to include in the Critique section (per grading rubric)
1. Evaluate the reliability, validity, and generalizability of the research article findings for each of the four domains
2. How well does the literature represent the issues across the four domains?
a. Identify the strengths and the key contributions of the literature.
b. What, if any, deficiencies exist within the literature?
c. Have the authors omitted any key points and/or arguments?
d. What, if any, inaccuracies have been identified in the literature?
3. Explain how the APAï¿½s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct might influence the reliability and/or generalizability of the chosen findings.
a. Did the ethical issues influence the outcomes of the research?
b. Were ethical considerations different across the domains?
What to include in the Synthesis section (per grading rubric)
1. Integrate existing ideas with new ideas from the research studies that create new knowledge and new perspectives
2. Describe the research that has previously been done across these domains, as well as any controversies or alternate opinions that currently exist on the research topic based on the articles from the four domains
3. Present the major conclusions that can be made based on the evidence from the research articles from the four domains.
a. Construct clear and concise arguments using evidence-based psychological concepts and theories to posit new relationships and perspectives on the topics within the domains.
What to include in the Conclusion (per grading rubric)
Provide a conclusion that clearly states your final conclusions and presents potential future considerations.
1. Synthesize the findings described in the discussion into a succinct summary.
2. What are the possible implications of your argument for existing theories and for everyday life?
3. What do the overarching implications of the studies show?
4. Where should the research go from this point to further the understanding of these domains and the greater study of psychology?
5. Must end with statement that reaffirms your thesis.
Mechanics of the Integrative Literature Review
Must use at least 24 articles from peer-reviewed journals, including a minimum of 20 from the Ashford University Library.
A minimum of 6articles from peer-reviewed journals for each of the four domains
No more than 4 sources from previous literature reviews completed in this program may be utilized for this integrative review
20 to 30 double-spaced pages in length PLUS title and referencespages and formatted according to APA style.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
Must document all sources in APA style
Must include a separate reference list that is formatted according to APA style
HERE ARE THE 14 SOURCES TO BE INCLUDED IN THE ASSIGNMENT, PLEASE ADD 10 MORE!
1) Nutt, D. (2007). Key concepts in psychopharmacology. Elsevier L, 263267.
Source Type Article
Annotation The article provides an insight to the medical treatment of psychiatric
disorders. It discusses the elements of drug pharmacology and explains
how specificity of the drugs vary. Further, the author discuss how
different drugs responds, their efficacy and appropriate dosage.
2) McArthur, R., & Borsini, F. (2006). Animal models of depression in drug discovery: A historical perspective. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, 84(3), 436-452.
Annotation The article provides the historical development of psychopharmacology
drugs. It discuss different models that have been developed in the last
five decades that try to help depressive disorders. The article traces the
origins of such drugs from animal models of depressions and indicates
how the drugs have evolved to become potential drugs to treat
depression and psychiatric disorders.
3) David, C. A., & Pardo, N. (2018). Reconsidering Psychopharmacology: The Logical Approach. Journal of Traditional Medicine and Clinical Naturopathy, 7(1), 1-4. doi: 10.4172/2573-4555.1000266
Source Type Article
Annotation Many different forms of approaches have been developed in attempt to
assist in treating psychiatric disorders. The article provides information
regarding psychopharmacology and how it can be used to treat mental
health. It discusses the history of schizophrenia treatment and insists
that it is the highest time that psychopharmacology be used as the best
treatment for psychological disorders such as schizophrenia. The article
concludes and claims that dieting and medication is a sufficient to cure
illness and psychopharmacology can be adopted to ensure that patients
receives the best treatment.
4) Meyer, J. S., & Quenzer, L. F. (2013). Psychopharmacology: Drugs, the brain, and behavior (2nd ed.). Sunderland, MA, US: Sinauer Associates
Source Type Article
Annotation The article has been categorized into four sections, where the first part
discusses the principles of pharmacology, neurophysiology, and cell
signaling among others. The book provides information regarding
psychopharmacology and how different medication affects the brain and
the behavior of an individual when receiving treatment for psychiatric
5) Slonim, T. (2014). The Polyvagal Theory: Neuropsychological Foundations of Emotions, Attachment, Communication, & Self Regulation. International Journal of Group Psychotherapy, 64(4), 593-600.
Source Type Article
This article discusses how and why certain drugs influence the function of
brain and its nervous system. An overview of the research is carried out by
Stephen Porges and explains how the nervous system challenges a crucial
the development of mental illnesses.
6) Benton, A. L., & Sivan, A. (2007). Clinical Neuropsychology: A Brief History. PubMed, 53(3), 142-147.
Source Type Article
This article talks about the history neuropsychological connection between
the human brain and the behavior associated with the brain function
produced by things such as diseases or affliction.
7) Heilbronner, R. L., Sweet, J. J., Morgan, J. E., Larrabee, G. J., & Millis, S. R. (2009). American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology Consensus Conference Statement on the Neuropsychological Assessment of Effort, Response Bias, and Malingering. The Clinical Neuropsychologist, 23(7), 1093-1129.
Source Type Article
This article talks about the compelling ways that have been made to detect
the fabrication of the neuropsychological dysfunction. It provides current
information that can be used by clinicians with consideration to the
8) Sobanski, E., Banaschewski , T., Asher, P., Buitelaar , J., Chen , W., Franke, B., . . . Sonuga-Barke, E. (2010). Emotional lability in children and adolescents with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): clinical correlates and familial prevalence. The Journal of Child Psychology and
Source Type Article
Annotation The article conducts a research on the occurrence, severity and clinical
correlates of emotional lability (EL) in children with attention
deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The research is conducted on 1,827
children who had symptoms of EL, ADHD and psychiatric disorders.aswq
9) Klisman, Lawrence (2001). ï¿½Prescibing Psychologists and Patientsï¿½Medical Needs: Lessons From Clinical Psychiatryï¿½. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice. 32 (5): 496-500
Source Type Article
The article provided information that is helpful to psychologists in
treatment of mental illness.
10) Hoyle, R. H. (2015). Applications of structural equation modelling in clinical and health psychology research. Oxford Clinical Psychology. doi:10.1093/med:psych/9780198527565.003.0020
Source Type Article
Annotation The article discusses clinical models that have been developed and assist in
the management and treatment of mentally ill patients.
11) Kaplan, & A., M. (2004, April 1). Handbook of Clinical Health Psychology. The Journal of Rehabilitation.
The authors have explored the impacts of medical disorders where they
discuss the health psychology applications as it was identified by
International Classification of Diseases diagnostic classification. The book
provides an overview of clinical health psychology by bridging the gap between health psychology and medication administering.
12) Stricker, G., & Weiner, I. B. (2013). Clinical psychology. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley
13) Norris, D. (2003). Perceptual learning in speech. Cognitive Psychology, 47(2), 204-238. doi:10.1016/s0010-0285(03)00006-9
Source Type Article
The articles investigates the technique for speech learning. The authors
claim that listeners use lexical knowledge during speech sound learning.
The article provides an overview of the process of learning speech and
notes that lexical information can be improvised during categorization of
14) Rescorla, M. (2013). Bayesian Perceptual Psychology. Oxford Handbooks
Source Type Article
The articles uses Bayesian decision theory to develop the view of
Helmholtz that claims that perception involves unconscious inferences.
The article has provided information regarding the representation within
current Bayesian perceptual models.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more