Which values appear to be unrealistic? – 5 important facts to note
Which values appear to be unrealistic?
Assignment 1: Dropbox Assignment (Veiw attachment)
Steroids and Behavior
In this assignment, you will be provided a fictitious study.
- Click here to download the study.
- Look at the variable values and read the descriptions of the variables. Which values appear to be unrealistic?
- Note: You must change the variable names to eight characters or less. Do these values have anything in common?
Use Minitab to obtain the descriptive statistics.
- Save the Minitab data sheet to a file and submit it with the final document. Eliminate the unrealistic values from the analysis by deleting the data for those values and use an asterisk (*) for missing variables.
- Why do you think these values are unrealistic?
- Run the descriptive statistics again and then write a statement on what the eliminated values had in common. Would it be acceptable to eliminate these values from the study you would like to publish? Include the two results files and your comments about what the values had in common and prepare a report in a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
Name your document SU_PSY2061_W3_A1_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Submit your document to the W3 Assignment 1 Dropbox by Week 3, Day 3.
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria
Analyzed and explained which values appear to be unrealistic, whether any of these values have anything in common, and why the eliminated values are unrealistic.
Obtained and submitted the descriptive statistics and wrote a written statement of what the eliminated values had in common.
Analyzed and explained whether it would be acceptable to eliminate these values from the study that would be published.
Used correct spelling, grammar, professional vocabulary, and APA format.